- Racing weather station measures moisture content (grains), air density, relative air density (RAD), relative humidity, temperature, barometric pressure, wind speed and much more. 14 measurements in all!
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
- Handheld, portable weather station with onboard data logging and graphing.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
The next generation of track weather monitoring is here with the Kestrel 5100 Weather Meter.
When winning matters, take the Kestrel 5100 racing weather station for a ride. The Kestrel 5100 is just as accurate, reliable and user-friendly as the original Kestrel 4250. It measures moisture content in grains, air density, relative air density, humidity and other critical factors. Count on it for the information you need to make perfect ET predictions and performance-maximizing tuning and jetting decisions.
The new Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation and offers optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5100 racing weather station is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can race as hard as you do, wherever you go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
The compact, portable design makes this racing weather station easy to take right to the track – exactly where you need to get the most accurate and race-relevant measurements. Pair it with the optional Kestrel Vane Mount for hands-free measurements logged over the course of the day. For maximum functionality, choose a Kestrel 5100 with LiNK to transmit live measurements to the Kestrel LiNK app on your iOS or Android(Coming Soon) device up to 100’ away (line of sight).
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5100 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data for comparison to your actual run times later. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly, or to a PC/MAC with either the optional Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch the Weather Channel during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action.
Affordable, accurate, portable and reliable, Kestrel meters have been proven at race tracks everywhere. Put the weather on your side – put a Kestrel in your toolbox.
What's New in the Kestrel 5100?
Kestrel 5100 Measurements:
- Air Density
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Moisture Content (Grains)
- Relative Air Density (RAD)
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5100 Weather Meter:
- Bracket Racers
- Drag Racers
- Pit Crews
- Professional Auto Racing Teams
Racing Weather Station Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
- Kestrel LiNK for Windows
- Kestrel LiNK for Mac (Coming Soon!)
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter: 0851RED
- Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter with LiNK: 0851LRED
Kestrel 5100 Includes: