The perfect addition to any family's or individual's emergency toolkit, the Oregon Scientific WR203 Advanced Portable Emergency Alert Radio helps you with any number of needs you may have when disaster strikes.
This emergency alert radio monitors the around-the-clock broadcasts of NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards transmitted directly from your nearest National Weather Service office. The NOAA "All Hazards" radio network is your single most immediate source of comprehensive weather information as well as instantaneous emergency alerts of potential threats to life and property! Oregon Scientific WR203 also features an Alert function that lets the user know when the National Weather Service issues Imminent Weather or Civil Emergency warnings in your area. With its Specific Area Message Encoding (S.A.M.E.) technology, the emergency alert radio allows you to customize which alerts to receive for your county or those surrounding your location.
The Oregon Scientific WR203 was specifically designed for use during emergencies and survival situations. The integrated hand crank and solar panel make it easy to keep the LED flashlight, siren and AM/FM/weather band radio charged up, providing renewable energy to the radio and flashlight during a power outage or when away from a power source. The emergency alert radio has a charging port that allows you to manually recharge a USB-compatible cell phone (by cranking or by adapter) to make mobile communications easier. In cases where rechargeable battery power is low or has no power, the unit will source its energy from the 3 AAA alkaline back-up batteries.
This multi-powered emergency alert radio not only keeps you aware of changing weather conditions, it also entertains. Plug in and listen to your personal music collection, your favorite radio station or up-to-date weather information. With clock and alarm, keep track of time and wake up bright and ready for a new day of exploring and enjoying the natural surroundings. With the addition of an emergency siren, flashlight and ability to charge your mobile phone, The Oregon Scientific WR203 emergency alert radio is a must-have item for your outdoor adventures.
- High performance receiver monitors U.S. Emergency All Hazards weather bulletins, warnings, & forecasts
- Oregon Scientific WR203 emergency alert radio receives all National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reports, which provides all available emergency advisories on tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, floods, evacuations, and more
- S.A.M.E. technology to customize alerts for your specific location
- Backlit display - when snooze button is pressed the backlight will be activated for five seconds.
- Public Alert indicator: green light indicates NOAA broadcasts are being received (NOAA On/Standby/Mute mode); red indicates Watch/Warning message received
- LED indicator: continuous red light indicates unit/mobile phone is charging; flashing red light indicates rechargeable battery is low; green light indicates radio is on
- Clock displays time/date and has alarm and snooze functions
- AM/FM radio for listening or wake-up alarm
- Fully variable volume control adjusts audio output
- Earphone jack (3.5mm stereo) allows private listening
- Audio line-in jack
- Hand crank & solar panel supplemental charging
- Cell phone charging panel via USB port
- LED Flashlight with Beacon setting
- DC Jack
- Mobile phone charger jack and charger switch
- Front Firing Speaker
- Large, bright EL (ElectroLuminescent) backlight