Find a lower price & we'll match it!
The Orion LT offers a wind-only weather station, measuring wind speed and wind direction with ultrasonic technology for high accuracy and stability.
• Triangular design ensures excellent data availability and 360° measurement accuracy.
• No moving parts make it superior to conventional mechanical wind sensors.
• Easy to install and requires no field calibration or maintenance.
• Low power requirements make it economical and perfect for solar or battery-powered applications.
• Compact and robust sensor in durable, corrosion-resistant housing.
• Starting threshold for both wind speed and direction is virtually zero.
• Heated model is available.
Both wind speed and direction are measured using an advanced ultrasonic sensor. The sensor uses ultrasound to determine horizontal wind speed and direction. The array of three equally spaced ultrasonic transducers on a horizontal plane is an ideal design which ensures accurate wind measurement from all wind directions, without blind angles or corrupted readings.
The wind sensor has no moving parts, which makes it maintenance free. The measurement range for wind speed is from 0 to 135 mph (0 to 60 m/s) and for wind direction from 0 to 360°.