Find a lower price & we'll match it!
A high accuracy, short range detection storm and lightning tracker with modifiable output relay switches and time/status display software Operation
The ERL-10 Lightning Alarm receives data from the EFM-100 Electric Field Mill short-range sensor (<20 miles/32 km). It constantly monitors for lightning and activates its timed relay outputs when lightning is detected. Up to two alarms can be configured, referred to as Red, and Yellow Alert levels. The green All Clear state is entered when the storm and lightning tracker does no detect any lightning within the configured time period.
When the ERL-10 Lightning Alarm is first turned on, it enters Survey Mode where it looks for lightning. After several minutes without lightning (configurable but typically 10-20 minutes) the system enters the All Clear state. The green All Clear light on the ERL-10 illuminates and the All Clear relay output activates.
The ERL-10 Lightning Alarm Status Monitor software (included) allows the system status and countdown timers to be displayed. Countdown timers clearly indicate the number of minutes until All Clear. Alarm activations are timestamped and logged to disk. Graphical log file viewing software is also included with the storm and lightning tracker.
• 1, 2 or 3 alarms levels (Red, Red/Yellow, Red/Orange/Yellow)
• All Clear output (Green)
• Fully configurable alarm distances, durations and high electric field levels
• Lightning alarm has a range of 20 miles / 37 km
• High electric field alarm warns of conditions where first strike is more likely to occur
• Fault output indicates status of the system
• Status Monitor software shows current alarm state and minutes:seconds until All Clear
• Storm and lightning tracker has USB port for configuration and/or Status Monitor software
• Optional fiber optic connection between sensor and ERL-10 for remote mounted EFM-100 sensor
The following documents require Adobe Reader.
ERL-10 Product Brochure
ERL-10 User Manual
EFM-100 Product Brochure
EFM-100 User Manual
EFM-INV-M / EFM-INV2 / EFM-INV3 Installation Instructions