The KTA-282 Modbus TCP Weather Station Gateway is a major upgrade to the serial modbus gateway, adding Modbus TCP/IP support.
The gateway allows you to easily connect your PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), RTU (Remote Telemetry Unit) or SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Aquisition) System to one of the following Davis weather stations:
The gateway plugs into the weather station's console using the Davis WeatherLink cable (Weather Link for Vantage Pro Serial) and appears on the Modbus network as a Modbus TCP/IP or RTU slave. This allows your programmable controller to monitor and carry out actions based on wind speed, wind direction, temperature, etc.
- New! Two Open Collector outputs for alarms or control
- Connects to a Modbus TCP/IP network via Ethernet. Can be polled by up to three Modbus masters simultaneously
- Provides a webpage whereby TCP/IP settings can be easily configured. Also shows current settings, weather data, and communications statuses
- Also supports Modbus RTU over RS-485.
- Supports the new LOOP 2 command. This provides an additional 16 packets of previously unavailable weather data.
- Can directly write the internal memory of the weather station, allowing configuration values to be changed (commonly latitude, longitude, elevation, timezone, etc)
- Allows interrogation over HTTP to return any Modbus register values in XML format. Make your own custom application using the weather data
- The unit can be screwed to a panel, or mounted to DIN rail.
- Dimensions: 115 × 90 × 40 mm